Master of Theology (M.Th)
Accredited by Asia Theological Association (ATA)
Master of Theology is a 2 year postgraduation degree that offers you the opportunity to have an in-depth research and writing knowledge of theology subject at an advanced level.
To pursue this course you should have a minimum of 50% score in the graduation program such as a Bachelor of Divinity (BD) or a Master of Divinity (M.Div), or a Master of Arts (MA) in Theology. The eligibility criteria varies for different specializations being offered at Caleb Institute. Master of Theology syllabus comprises subjects like Missions, New Testament, Biblical Greek, Religions, Exegesis, Hermeneutics, Cross cultural studies and alike. The course duration is 2 years having 4 semesters in it. The course is provided to lectures, meetings, conferences and online sessions.
The main aim of this theological degree is to exegete and interpret the text of the Holy Bible, and and research in the mission field.
In this course, students study about ministerial skills, theology, history, language, the bible, and thus gain specialized knowledge with guided research.
Admission to the program is based on the application and the entrance examinations conducted by the academic department. The whole curriculum is divided into two years.
To join the course, students must possess a graduation degree (bachelor degree such as BD or MDiv or MA in Theology) from a recognized university (UGC or Equivalent) or a equivalent degree from a recognized institute like Senate of Serampore, Asia Theological Association, etc. with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate.
After completion of the course, students get placed in various roles in Seminaries, educational and research institutions, Chapels, Ministries, schools, colleges, etc.
Aims and objectives
- The Master of Theology program is designed in such a way that it allows the students to gain both extensive theological knowledge and ministry skills, with guided research in the area of interest.
- It also allows the students to do specialization in a missions subject or a New Testament subject of the students’ choice. The subjects available for specialization are Missions, New Testament Biblical Studies, and Biblical Greek.
- This course fulfils the minimum eligibility criteria that one needs to possess to be able to teach at the Graduate level (Bachelor of Theology).
- The curriculum is designed to prepare students for the work of the Christian Ministry through a guided research and a comprehensive study of the biblical and theological disciplines along with discovering, nurturing and developing themselves to become more effective in the service of the religion and people.
- It is a multidisciplinary course that involves the study of Biblical languages and history in detail, this makes the student well-versed in many other aspects as well.
Why Pursue a Master of Theology (MTh)?
- The Master of Theology (MTh) degree, is a qualifying requirement for individuals who are interested in undertaking higher education leading to a research PhD.
- It is also considered as a professional degree that allows the learner to become ordained to the clergy.
- People who hold a Master’s degree in Theology often find themselves working with people involved in missions field in the area if multifaceted research.
- The work profile one gets after Master of Theology often includes teaching, academia at a graduate level.
- Many students become motivators and speakers after acquiring the degree, those who like to motivate people for their individual good, and the collective good of the society can join the course.
- The Master of Divinity (MTh) symbolizes that the holder of the degree has received education in a multidisciplinary area of study, which is an amalgamation of history, culture, language, and theology. This makes one a very good candidate for jobs in those specializations, especially if one adds another field of study to their existing degree, MA in philosophy or language or psychology, etc., for example.
Duration of the Program: 2 Years
- To focus on the Missional, Biblical and Theological research.
- To provide the tools one needs to be equipped to undertake higher research studies such as a PhD.
- To provide tools to enhance personal and vocational development, personality growth, Church leadership and participation in the nation building.
Academic session starts in June.
To pursue this course you should have a minimum of 50% score in the graduation program such as a Bachelor of Divinity (BD) or a Master of Divinity (M.Div), or a Master of Arts (MA) in Theology. The eligibility criteria varies for different specializations being offered at Caleb Institute.
Master of Theology syllabus comprises subjects like Missions, New Testament, Biblical Greek, Religions, Exegesis, Hermeneutics, Cross cultural studies and alike.
The course duration is 2 years having 4 semesters in it. The course is provided to lectures, meetings, conferences and online sessions.