Thank you for your interest in joining the Caleb community. Three steps begin your journey toward becoming a student at Caleb Institute: (1) choose the program that’s right for you, (2) learn about admission requirements, and (3) submit your application by downloading, and sending us your application form.
Caleb Institute offers the following programs:
General Admission Requirements
- Integrated M.Div. Qualification: XII Pass. Duration: 5 years
- M.Div. Qualification: Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized university. Duration: 3 Years
- Upgraded M.Div. Qualification: B.Th graduate from ATA/ Serampore. Duration: 2 Years
- Master of Theology in Mission. Qualification: M.Div or B.D. graduate from ATA or Serampore. Duration: 2 Years
Candidates who seek admission to the Caleb Institute must:
Students while being enrolled at Caleb Institute are discouraged from pursuing any
other theological/ secular studies.
- have a conscious call of God upon their lives for Christian service.
- be a graduate or its equivalent from a recognized university or institution (B.Th., B.D. and M.Div must be recognized by Asia Theological Association or Senate of Serampore).
- produce their academic certificates / mark-sheets in original.
- have proficiency in the use of the English language.
- have the local pastor’s recommendation.
A copy of the Prospectus and the application forms are to be obtained from the office of the Registrar on payment of an Application Fee of ₹200.00/-.
Completed application forms should be submitted by 15th May. The following documents are to be attached with the application form:
(Refer to the application form)
- Photocopies of academic certificates/ mark-sheets.
- Two recent passport-size photographs.
- A short testimony of minimum 500 words in candidate’s own handwriting/ typed
(for all applicants).
- Two statements (of minimum 500 words each) on reason of pursuing M.Th and
how does it help in future ministries (Only for M.Th applicants)
- Medical form filled by certified physician.
- Financial status form.
- Financial guarantee from the sponsor.
- Proof of date of birth (Government Issued ID/ Birth Certificate).
- Recommendation letters from the pastor of the local church of which the candidate
is a member.
- For international candidates, copies of proper documents from the Government
of India permitting the candidate to study in India.
Submission of the application does not necessarily guarantee admission. Candidates
qualifying for admission will be notified to appear for an interview (if required). The
qualifying candidates will be intimated by mail and phone call.
The applicants whose applications are accepted would be notified of the entrance
exam schedule and the venue.
The student will be examined in the areas of English, Bible Knowledge, and General
For the M.Th. candidates, there will be exam on their respective departmental subjects.
Qualified international candidates must have valid student visas, sponsorship, and
recommendation letters from the authorized body/ General/ District Council of their respective country.
Students under the Provisional Admission are those who have not completed all the formal requirements for the admission, and are admitted in a probationary status. Their records will be reviewed each academic year and they must establish good academic standing. Their admission into a program may be regularized following the completion of the admission requirements. Otherwise, at the end of their studies the students may be awarded a “Certificate of Completion.”